Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Millcreek Canyon run


Today when I left from work, I stepped outside and the weather was amazing. I decided it was a great night for a run. I have really been slacking when it comes to working out and I decided it's time to get back into the swing of things. I headed home and threw on some running clothes, slid on my shoes, stretched for a good five minutes. You always want to be sure to stretch before working out! Ok... I stretched for like 26 seconds. But it was better than nothing. OK! I realize that 26 seconds of stretching is like doing nothing. Anyway, I headed to Millcreek Canyon. (Avoiding I-80 of course) It's such a MESS right now! Every road around my house is under construction. I swear, all of the freeway entrances and exits open and close so often I never know what exit I can take to get home! I headed East up 3900 S. to Wasatch and proceeded up Millcreek Canyon. I was just going to park my car at the bottom of the canyon and run up so I didn't have to pay, but there were too many cars off the side of the road so I just went up. I parked a little below Log Haven and ran up the canyon. I saw people cooking their dinners and roasting marshmallows over their fires. It really made me want to go camping! It's beautiful up there! Perfect place to go running because the temperature is cooler and you've got great scenery! The mountains, the trees, the stream flowing right next to you... It was perfect.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Not only was it a pretty workout by it sounds like a good work out too!

 
Google Analytics Alternative