Thursday, June 19, 2008

1 year ago today

At this moment exactly 1 year ago, Courtney and I were 1 hour and 52 minutes from landing in Honolulu. I can't believe it has been a whole year. It was such a great experience! I remember feeling such anxiety before we were landed. I didn't know what to expect. We hadn't met Kali or her Sterling (The couple we stayed with.), didn't know where we'd be staying or know what their house was like, didn't know how to get around. Everything turned out great. It was so great to get away and relax. It's just what I needed. Ashley and Karli came out a couple weeks later and stayed the last 2 weeks. It was so much fun to be there with them!

We stayed on the North Shore of Oahu. We stayed just a few miles East of Laie in a city called Hau'ula. The house was right across the street from the ocean! It was incredible! I miss it and want to go back! I miss my super blond, long out of control hair and tan skin. I miss the humid air that smells like flowers and salt water. I keep thinking about things I can do to get me to move back, but for longer than a month. It's such a different lifestyle over there. There just seems to be less stress! I hope I can go back soon. I'm so jealous of Courtney... she leaves in a week and a half to go be an EFY counselor at BYU Hawaii. Have a blast Court!
Be sure to:

* Get a shave ice from Matsumoto
* Say hello to my FAVORITE city (Hale'iwa)
* Jump off the rock at Waimea Beach
* Ride "The Bus" and enjoy the "BING! Kamehameha and..."
* Say hi to Kali Sterling and Sheldon
* Swim in Waimea Falls
* Get a nice tan
* Go to Pipeline
* Eat french toast at Hukilau Cafe
* Watch the sunset on Sunset Beach
* Eat some fresh pineapple
* Have a kanak attack
* Surf

And everything else I forgot to mention!

Here are a few pictures from our trip, and you can revisit our journey http://hauulahawaii.blogspot.com <---- HERE!




















3 comments:

Karli said...

Oh boy... This post made me so sad!! I miss that trip soo much! That was the best! We have some good memories and inside jokes!
I will be right back I have to go shi shi.

Lisa said...

I can't believe that was a whole year ago! I wish you all could go back again this Summer. I also wish I could go back I miss it so much! Love Love Love Hawaii!

Lisa said...

Like I said on Courtney's blog...I miss this trip and I didn't even go!!! :)

 
Google Analytics Alternative