Thursday, January 22, 2009

Reading more

So one of my goals for 2009 is to read more. I need suggestions for good books to read. I want to read at least 1 book per month. Not a huge goal, but it's better than nothing!

This month, I have been reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad. I'm almost done. It's a very interesting book. I have really liked it. Especially shooting down the theory of "If you go to college and get good grades, you'll get a good job and be secure." I'm not saying education is not important, because it is. I just think the whole idea of having to have a degree to get anywhere in life is not really true.


Next month, I'm planning on reading Force of Nature, by Laird Hamilton.


"Laird Hamilton has been hailed as the world's greatest big-wave surfer. His first book, Force of Nature, allows readers a rare glimpse inside the unique philosophy that has created his circumstances, and not the other way around. After all, this is a man whose biological father abandoned him shortly after he was born; whose first job was working on a pig farm; who dropped out of school in eleventh grade. And then the career decision: surfer. Though earning enough to pay the rent as any kind of surfer is next to impossible, Hamilton has ended up in the place we all desire to be: doing exactly what he loves, becoming the world's best in the process, making a great living, being surrounded by nature and family, radiating peak health and fitness, and succeeding by any definition of the word. How did he get there? And more importantly, how can the rest of us join him? Force of Nature is a detailed map to that destination, with Laird Hamilton as the reader's guide. This book is a deeply authoritative and cutting-edge guide to peak fitness in mind, body, sould, and surfing."

Other books I'm planning on reading are: 4-Hour Workweek, and I want to read The Secret again.


If you have any suggestions for a good book, let me know!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

The glass castle!!
I just let your Mom borrow my copy so you can get it from her. It is a true story and the author is such a great writer, she will have you turning pages so fast that you will been done reading it before you know it.
Oh and don't be surprised if your jaw drops three or four times before you get to the end:)

Primary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Primary said...

I really liked Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston. It's about the hiker who had to cut off his own arm after he got stuck in a canyon by himself. You would like it.

Karli said...

one fish two fish red fish blue fish.
the authors name is dr. seuss

 
Google Analytics Alternative