Monday, September 29, 2008

Sushi? Me?

So last Saturday I did something I never thought I would. I tried SUSHI. I was scared to death because I hate fish. I hate raw meat. I was scared I would throw up in the middle of the restaurant in front of all of the sushi regulars.

I tried 2 different kinds. I can't remember what they were or what was in them. That was kept secret so I didn't back out of it. You're supposed to eat the entire thing at once, but I had to do a small bite just to test it out. It didn't taste TOO bad. So I put the rest of the hunk of the rice, raw meat, and whatever else into my mouth. Not the best idea. It took me a while to get it down. I chewed and chewed trying to keep it in my mouth. When it comes to food, if it has a weird or different texture that what I'm familiar with, it's a challenge. I finally got it down. Again, it wasn't BAD. Just new and something I definitely wasn't used to.

The next one had raw tuna in it? Maybe avocado too? It all happened so fast. I don't remember! It was better than the first one. This one I ate in small bites. Will I eat it again? Maybe. I was told that the next time I have it I should have the cooked chicken sushi kind they have at Happy Sumo. I like the sound of that better.

I was proud of myself. I'm glad I was pushed to try it!

3 comments:

Primary said...

I went out for sushi a few weeks ago too! We went to a place called the Naked Fish downtown. It wasn't bad. I actually really enjoyed the Vegas roll. I heard even if you don't like sushi, you'll like the vegas roll. Anyways, I'm proud of you. Maybe we should go together... or maybe we could just stick to Cafe Rio?

Lisa said...

I like Happy Sumo...Maybe I will try the chicken sushi, I have never heard of it before. Way to go on trying the real stuff!! I have tried lots of different seafood and I still haven't found anything I like!

Rhiannon said...

i know what you mean!!! i hate the texture of seaweed! who eats that??? it's disgusting! i didn't like it when i tried it & haven't had again since.

 
Google Analytics Alternative